The unalome symbol represents the path to enlightenment in the Buddhist culture. The spirals symbolizes the twists and turns in life, and the straight lines the moment one reaches enlightenment or peace and harmony. The dots at the end of the symbol represent death, or the moment we fade to nothing. There are multiple designs for unalome tattoos, or you can create your own and add your own elements, such as the lotus flower to represent new beginnings.
The Unalome is originally a Hindu symbol that graphically recalls Shiva´s third eye and it represents wisdom and the path to perfection. …
The Unalome Lotus Tattoo symbolizes overcoming adversities towards perfection.
Thus perfectly integrating the meaning of the Unalome.
Lotus Flower Meaning in Buddhism
In Buddhism, the lotus is associated with purity, spiritual awakening and faithfulness. The flower is considered pure as it is able to emerge from murky waters in the morning and be perfectly clean.
- Buddhism Culture – According to Buddhist religion, lotus defines purity and piousness of the soul, as the flower grows in a muddy area, yet maintains its purity. The belief is based on the fact that you will find a perfectly complete miniatures lotus plant within a seed, which implies that even a human being is born complete and yearns for perfection through his journey of life. Also, Buddhism has meanings for various colors of lotus flowers, as a red colored lotus stands for the heart, which implies love and passion. Similarly, a pink lotus represents devotion towards the divine, while a blue one stands for learning and intelligence. A white colored lotus implies purity and peace, both at spiritual as well as intellectual level.
- Chinese Culture – The Chinese culture sees lotus as a flower with perfect beauty stands as a source of inspiration for poets and artists since times immemorial.
- Western Culture – The Western culture has a similar kind of reflection of this charming flower. Because it denotes new beginning and rebirth as it is reflects divine conception. It also links lotus flower with the search of true meaning of life.
Unalome Lotus Tattoo
Besides a wide number of options regarding the preferred placement of lotus flower tattoos. There is an equally wide variety in the designs available too.
- Lotus Flower in Water – Another popular lotus tattoo design is the one which shows the pure and beautiful flower. Standing in the backdrop of a pool of water, which adds a new meaning to the tattoo.
- Matching Lotus Flower Tattoos – As we have seen before, Chinese culture associates this flower with harmony and mutual trust. Which is why many people wear matching lotus tattoos to strengthen their relationships. On the other hand, the Japanese style tattoo design includes lotus flower along with clouds.
- Lotus Flower Tattoo with Dragon – Some Japanese tattoo designers have also teamed up these stunning looking flowers. With the traditional dragon pattern for excellent end results.
- Tribal Lotus Flower Tattoo design – The tribal designs in lotus tattoo are entirely in black color. Though contemporary designs can combine some other colors with it. The traditional sleeve tattoo in lotus design covers the entire arm of the bearer. Which is quite a popular choice among tattoo lovers.